Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Winter Activities: My Process

This is what I posted for the "Winter Activities" at WaWe.


I learned something very valuable last week. What I learned is that "masterpieces" do not happen overnight. Great movies like "Live Free, Die Hard" were re-written over and over (more than 5 times) before the screen-writers were satisfied with the end result. Developing art is often the same way: it's a process.











Normally, I get stuck at this stage of my "process". My line drawings are decent but I have some sort of artistic ADHD and never get around to painting my completed line drawings. And that's what makes 2011 different: among other goals, I plan to paint more.








3 comments:

  1. Lovely blog, Carla! I am so with you on this one. I can do a nice pencil drawing but I choke when I have to paint it. What I do now is scan in the drawing, print out multiple copies and then I practise on them - adding colours, lines, etc. (My printer ink runs a little, which is a problem, but I still get a lot out of it). Freya Blackwood actually had her rough drawings printed up on watercolour paper and painted them for the book 'Harry and Hopper' and it looks great... and is a lot less work than tracing on a light box, so it might work for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps I just realised I am doing the same diploma as you at LAC, so I will look out for you on the forum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great idea, Gay. I will certainly use your technique.

    ReplyDelete